Address: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, North Cyprus,
Mersin 10, Turkey
Tel: 0090 392 630 1355
Place of Birth: Nicosia, Cyprus
Languages: Turkish (mother language), English (fluent)
School of Mechanical Aerospace and Civil Engineering
The University of Manchester, Manchester/United Kingdom
Title of PhD Thesis: Phase Change Materials and Thermal Performance of Buildings in Cyprus
Mechanical Engineering (CGPA: 3.63/4.00)
Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta/North Cyprus
Title of MSc Thesis: Sizing Trigeneration for Hotels in North Cyprus
2002-2006: BSc (Hons)
Mechanical Engineering (CGPA: 3.31/4.00)
Çukurova University, Adana/ Turkey
Final year dissertations: 1-Central Heating Design for an 8-Storey Residential Building, 2-Research on CHP Systems
2005: Exchange student
Institute of Technology,
Linkoping University, Linkoping/ Sweden
6 months exchange program
2016-Present: Board Member, Energy Research Centre, Eastern Mediterranean University
- Conference Vice Chair of 16th International Conference on Clean Energy (ICCE-2018), 9-11 May 2018.
2015-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Eastern Mediterranean University
- Fully responsible for the undergraduate courses of Solar Energy Engineering, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics II
- Taught the undergraduate courses of Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Experimental methods for Engineers.
- Head of the Summer Practice committee and Promotions committee, member of the ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) committee
- MSc students' thesis supervision. Supervised MSc theses:
- Water Heating Performance Comparison of Heat Pump Water Heater, Flat Plate Solar Collector and LPG Boiler Systems for North Cyprus Climate Conditions, September 2017
- Installation and Performance Testing of Solar Air Heater for Office Heating, January 2017
- Geothermal Integrated System for Multi Generation, December 2016
- Effect of Tank Size on the Temperature Distributions for Hybrid Photovoltaic/Thermal Water Heaters, September 2016
- Application of Micro-CHP System for a Student Accommodation Building in North Cyprus, June 2016
- BSc students' final year project supervision. Supervised BSc projects:
- Design and Manufacturing of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger, January 2018
- Blower Door for evaluating Air Leakages from Spaces, June 2016
2014-2015: Lecturer, Department of Energy Systems Engineering, Cyprus International University
- Fully responsible for the undergraduate courses of Fuels and Combustion and Heat and Mass Transfer as well as postgraduate module of Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer
2013-2014: Lecturer, Department of Energy Engineering, Girne American University
- Fully responsible for the Courses of General Physics, Numerical Analysis and AutoCAD
2009-2013: Teaching Assistant, School of Mechanical Aerospace and Civil Engineering, University of Manchester
- Part time teaching assistant for the modules of Mechanical Materials, Land Surveying and Engineering Design with AutoCAD.
2006-2008: Teaching Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta/ Cyprus
- Full time teaching and laboratory assistant for the modules; Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Automotive Engineering and Design with AutoCAD.
Engineering and Other Experience:
2014-2016: Board Member, Chamber of Cyprus Turkish Mechanical Engineers, Cyprus
- Performed activities such as organization of technical seminars for the members, checking and approving the proposed mechanical services projects, applying the EU project grants for the technical training of the members etc.
2007-2008: Private Design Engineer, Cyprus
- Designing building services: plumbing, sewer and central heating for residential buildings
2007 (June-August): Site Mechanical Engineer, Ceyda Construction Limited, Guzelyurt/ Cyprus
- Responsible for the installation of residential building infrastructures such as; sewer systems, water supply distribution networks and rainwater drainage systems
Summer 2005: Teknecik Thermal Power Plant, Teknecik/ Cyprus
- Worked 30 days in departments of; boiler/turbine units and control room
Summer 2004: Temsa Global Coach Production Company, Adana/ Turkey
- Worked 30 days in the research/development department and in the production lines of various busses, minibuses and coaches
Memberships and Skills:
- Chamber of Cyprus Turkish Mechanical Engineers, Cyprus
- CIBSE Graduate membership, United Kingdom
- Interim Registration in the Chartered Engineer section of the Eng. Council, United Kingdom
Computer and Other Skills:
- Proficient usage of Energy Plus, Design Builder and IES VE simulation programs
- Expert design ability with AutoCAD and Google Sketchup
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
- Have experience in Mathematica, Maple, Fortran and Matlab
- Experience to use theodolites and total stations
Publications, and Attended Conferences:
- Trombe Wall Size-Determination Based on Economic and Thermal Comfort Viability, M. Ozdenefe, U. Atikol and M. Rezaei, Solar Energy 174 (2018) pp. 359-372
Proceedings of the 15th IBPSA Conference San Francisco, CA, USA, Aug. 7-9, 2017
- Trombe Wall Nodal Temperature Evaluations with Energy Plus Finite Difference Algorithm and Comparison with Monitored Values, M. Ozdenefe, M. Rezaei and U. Atikol, pp 2824-2832.
Proceedings of the Third IBPSA England Building Simulation & Optimization Conference (BSO16), Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, September 12-14, 2016
- Comparison of Dynamic Thermal Simulation Results with Experimental Results: Trombe Wall Case Study for A Cyprus Test Building, , M. Ozdenefe, M. Rezaei and U. Atikol, pp 438-445.
Building Services Engineering Research and Technology
- 1- Thermal Performance of a Typical Residential Cyprus Building with Phase Change Materials, M. Ozdenefe, J. Dewsbury, 2016, Vol. 37(1) 85–102
- 2- Simulation and Real Weather Data: A Comparison for Cyprus Case, M. Ozdenefe, J. Dewsbury, 2016, Vol. 37(3) 288–297
Building Simulation and Optimization Conference
- Loughborough, September 2012. (Attendee)
Proceedings of the 7th WSEAS International Conference on Energy and Environment, Kos Island, Greece, July 14-17, 2012
- Dynamic Thermal Simulation of A PCM Lined Building with Energy Plus, M. Ozdenefe, J. Dewsbury, pp 356-364
Postgraduate Research Conference of School of Mechanical, Aerospace & Civil Engineering in The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, December 14, 2011
- Simulation of a PCM lined Room with Energy Plus, M. Ozdenefe, J. Dewsbury. Manchester, December 2011, (Poster presentation).
Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Clean Energy, Famagusta, North Cyprus, 15-17 September, 2010
- Comparison of Energy Performance of Two Generic Residential Buildings from North Cyprus", M. Ozdenefe, J. Dewsbury.
Postgraduate Research Conference of School of Mechanical, Aerospace & Civil Engineering in The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, July 1, 2010
- Simulation of Energy Performance of Residential Buildings from North Cyprus, M. Ozdenefe, J. Dewsbury, (Poster presentation).
Proceedings of the 5th IASME/WSEAS International Conference on Energy and Environment, Cambridge, UK, February 23-25, 2010
- Assessing the Applicability of Trigeneration in the Hotel Sector, M. Ozdenefe, U. Atikol, pp 299-304.
Summer Course on Exergy and Its Applications
- Istanbul, July 2007. (Attendee)