Computer Engineering Department
Famagusta, Northern Cyprus
e-mail: hakan.altincay [at] emu.edu.tr
Education (BS, MS, PhD)
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department
Middle East Technical University
Ankara - Turkey
Pattern recognition related problems such as document representation for text categorization, feature selection, imbalance learning, classifier ensembles.
- Procedural and OOP in C++ and JAVA
- Operating Systems Concepts
- Data Science using R programming
- Pattern Recognition
- Ensemble Learning
- Ghazaal Sheikhi and Hakan Altınçay, "Using the Distance in Logistic Regression Models for Predictor Ranking in Diabetes Prediction", International Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering, Banja Luca, Bosnia and Hersegovina, 2019.
- Dima Badawi and Hakan Altınçay, Effective use of 2-termsets by discarding redundant member terms in bag-of-words representation, Neural Computing and Applications, to appear.
- Dima Badawi and Hakan Altınçay, Compact representation of documents using terms and termsets, International conference on machine learning and data mining, MLDM2018, New York.
- Dima Badawi and Hakan Altınçay, "Termset Weighting by Adapting Term weighting Schemes to Utilize Cardinality Statistics for Binary Text Categorization", Applied Intelligence, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 456-472, 2017.
- Noushin Hajarolasvadi, Ghazaal Sheikhi and Hakan Altınçay, "Employing Data from Diagnosed Patients for Undiagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Detection", 14th International Conference on Informatics, Management and Technology in Healthcare, Athens, Greece, 2016.
- Ghazaal Sheikhi and Hakan Altınçay, "The cost of Type II Diabetes Mellitus: A Machine Learning Perspective", XIV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Bilogical Engineering and Computing, Paphos, Cyprus, 2016.