Term Project Information
Topic: This semester's Cmse321 Term Project topic is designing a Real Estate Search portal. The idea is to serve customers looking for accommodation. You should find some good and dependable North Cyprus Real Estate sites selling/renting houses/flats/land . Then, when a customer logs on to the portal, he/she will select some search items and fill them to indicate his/her wishes. The system will then search items with desired properties available in Real Estate sites and list them. More information will follow later.
Tasks: Develop specifications/requirements for your system.
Deadline for the complete product (Requirements Document): First week of January 2024.
Students will work in groups of three – find yourself project partners as soon as possible.
Assistant: Nada Kollah
During the semester, you will be asked to submit a number of progress reports, discussing the current status of your project (free format, 2-3 pages each)
Intermediate presentations are done on the week of November 6, 2023 - and Intermediate Reports are submitted by November 10, 2023.
Final presentations and reports are due last week of December 2023 - details will be given later
Suggested Intermediate Report Format:
(Maximum no. of pages: 8)
1. Cover page
4. Project Management plan (timeline, work distribution, meetings,...)
5. Information collection method, interviews, research
6. Analysis of some similar systems (Weaknesses/problems)
7. Proposed structure of your new system
Suggested Final Report Format:
(Maximum no. of pages: 20, excluding appendix)
1. Cover page
3. Introduction (why is this system needed, how does it fit into the environment, system scope)
4. Project Management (timeline, work distribution, meetings,...)
5. Solution methodology (include System Architecture and Modular Hierarchy Diagrams)
6. Functional Requirements
7. Non-functional/Quality Requirements
8. User Interface - briefly