Term Project Information
Topic: Preparing the Requirements Document for a Dormitory Management System
Details will follow later.
Tasks: Analyze the current system, develop specifications/requirements for your new system.
Deadline for the complete product (Requirements Document): Last week of December 2020.
Students will work in groups of four – find yourself project partners as soon as possible.
Assistant: Begüm Koru
During the semester, you will be asked to submit a number of progress reports, discussing the current status of your project (2-3 pages)
Intermediate presentations and reports are due the week of November 23, 2020
Final presentations and reports are due the first week of January 2021.
Suggested Intermediate Report Format:
(Maximum no. of pages: 8)
1. Cover page
4. Project Management plan (timeline, work distribution, meetings,...)
5. Information collection method, interviews, research
6. Analysis of some similar systems (Weaknesses/problems)
7. Proposed structure of your new system
Suggested Final Report Format:
(Maximum no. of pages: 20, excluding appendix)
1. Cover page
3. Introduction (why is this system needed, how does it fit into the environment, system scope)
4. Project Management (timeline, work distribution, meetings,...)
5. Solution methodology (include System Architecture and Modular Hierarchy Diagrams)
6. Functional Requirements
7. Non-functional/Quality Requirements
8. User Interface - briefly