This course covers the topics such as information technologies in education; teaching process and the categorisation of educational technology; learning theories related to educational technologies; recent trends in learning theories; digital literacies; educational technologies as tools and materials; material design; theme based material design; developing discipline specific learning resource centre; evaluating educational materials. (taken and translated from)
The subject is designed to help learners develop broad knowledge in integrating ICTs to education. In this respect, upon the completion of the course students will be able to
- identify the characteristics of 21st century teachers & learners,
- integrate technology and media into instruction based on learning theories,
- develop knowledge in Web 2.0 tools, educational materials and activities,
- evaluate educational materials and technology,
- enhance teaching and learning process with multimedia.