This course aims at giving learners social responsibility by discussing how each person plays a crucial role in the society, discussing about social issues and significant problems in the community, and preparing projects to solve them. For this reason it provides the learners with various opportunities to volunteer in various social responsibility projects and contribute to the development of the community on a voluntary basis.
This course aims to expose students to volunteer services in order to increase their awareness of the importance of volunteer work, and to gain hands-on volunteer experience. As part of the course, students will be expected to research and assess the needs of the community and, in doing so, participate in projects to gather information, develop community contacts, view ideas from different perspectives, and formulate solutions. To fulfil course requirements, students will be expected to participate in at least one volunteer project in the community.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
At the end of the course, the students will
- prepare a community relations plan
- effectively participate in the management of volunteer projects
- conduct meetings
- exhibit successful interpersonal skills
- deliver an oral presentation
- apply organizational skills
- apply proper ethics and practices to a volunteer activity
- gain a greater understanding of themselves, their community and their role in the community
- evaluate the importance of community volunteerism.