This subject explores the relationship between interactive multimedia, interface and visual design. It includes discussion of the psychology of interactive design, navigation, interactivity and visual design principles. It explores issues relating to cross-cultural design and visual literacy and provides opportunities for students to collaborate with design issues, increase image manipulation skills and produce quality design activities.
The subject is designed to help learners develop broad knowledge in visual message design. In this respect, upon the completion of the course students will:
- understand the need for and apply good design principles
- explore image manipulation software
- understand interactivity and interface design principles
- explore and apply cross-cultural design issues
- become visually literate.